View Single Post
Old 07-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #228
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Major OOC comment, which will be deleted:

*coughs slightly and somewhat uncomfortably, as a way to introduce the topics of what was said and of how to disagree with each other*

This is what piosennial posted:

Quote:
Holly found Bird sitting by the fire, warming her feet, sipping on a cup of mulled wine. She told her she was going out for a while and would be back soon. Bird waved her on and helped herself to another cup of the tasty brew.

Most of the other companions were engaged in conversation among themselves, and not wanting to bother them, she slipped out quietly, and unnoticed.
Thus, it would appear that your assumption--

Quote:
I assumed she meant that she told no one, because so many were busy..
--cannot, unfortunately, be supported.

Also, if you would please read the recent interchange between Gandalf and Orofacion on the discussion thread, you might see that people can disagree about their posts and reach a compromise or resolution without getting angry or hostile.

Disagreements and misunderstandings and even mistakes are all part of the human condition, particularly on the 'Net, where printed language is our sole form of meaning and where it is often difficult to understand each other. (Gandalf and I have often misunderstood each other.) Learning to respond to these situations without anger and without taking offense is a big part of learning how to make the best of the human condition.

Respectfully,
Bethberry