View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 09:40 PM   #28
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

There was no time for words, the wolf gave a quick nod of her head and bound passed the two-footers that were scrambling and noisly hollaring to one another. She slowed down and let the hound take the lead, weaving in and out of alleyways, they finally came to a deadend, and the greyhound stopped abruptly and gave Celebanca a worried look. "They are here." The hound said softly.

The wolf smelled them and hear them before she said anything, gently she walked forward and saw the little pups. They hadn't even opened their eyes yet and as soon as they heard their mother's voice they yipped and cried. They were hungry. "Right." The wolf glanced at the end of the alleyway, wondering where the large male wolf was. "I can take two in my mouth. You take the other, alright?" She said and before the hound could answer, Celebanca scooped two of the squirming pups in her mouth and waited for the mother to take the other.

With a quick nod of her head, they were off. The two glided like wraiths on the night air, towards the manor in which they had ran from. The grey hound darted inside, but Celebanca was stuck in the courtyard, surrounded by four men. "Where do you think you are going?" One of them growled.

Dropping the yipping pups at her feet gently, she spoke in a low and deadly voice "I am saving your master's pups from being trampled by you foolish men. Now, get out of my way before you get hurt." She threatened.

He laughed, and around him, the men tittered nervously, glancing at their leader. "Oh? The Master told me to look after you; get you out of his hair so to speak." He suggested his means of 'looking after her' by pointing his spear at her.

"You have to be joking." The wolf sat and calmly looked the man up and down. He was tall, built with a muscular frame but his middle sagged slightly from indulging in too many feasts. He had a curly mop of black hair, greasy skin and shifty grey eyes. His face was sallow and his cheeks sunken and bristling with week old stubble. "If you wish to see tomorrow, I suggest you get out of my way." She was getting tired of threatening them, but the foolish men didn't see that she was far more dangerous than they could ever be. She could out run their spears and many a man's arrows. She could dart and dodge sword blows and fists. It would take a simple lunge, catching him off guard and taking him to the ground. Her jaws could easily wrap around his head and crush his skull. "All of you two-footers are the same; you are all too stupid to see when you are outmatched and out played. Get out of my way before I kill you. I am not joking, your spears are nothing if you cannot catch me. None of your weapons will hurt me or kill me before I kill each and everyone of you. Worry about the orcs that are coming this way. Not about me." She turned her head to the wall, were the door was. They were using a ram against it and the beams were cracking and groaning under the strain.

"We'll finish this, she-wolf." He pointed his spear at her, threateningly.

"I can hardly wait." She said before scooping the pups up in her mouth and darting pass them.