View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 03:08 PM   #13
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

:: ooc -- I think it would be fun to include others, but it looks as if they are off the board at the moment. I'd like to wait and see what Child might like to do with the ship idea. I don't think she'll be back 'til (?)Sunday. So, let's just hang out at the Fields and enjoy ourselves for a while until some others show up::

Pio and Rose scanned the area for a likely informant. 'I wonder if Frodo might know where Child lives', mused the elf.'Perhaps you could go over and chat him up a bit.'

Rose went back to sit by the dear hobbit, who was now dozing by the fire. She waited patiently for him to wake up.

Pio wandered over to help Kettle straighten up the tavern's common room. Gimli had knocked over a few chairs when he attempted to stand up and walk across the room. He was now in a crumpled heap by the door, the latch on it having proved far too complicated for a well-aled dwarf. As she helped Kettle resettle some of the fish which had been inadvertently knocked out of him, she thought about who might prove best to come on this little adventure. 'Say, Kettle,' she asked off-handedly,'you doing anything tomorrow that you can't get out of?'

Kettle paused in his track and assumed a considering manner. 'I think the Tavern could probably run itself for a while. What have you got in mind? & please don't tell me it involves a dragon ride!!'

'Well, only a short one . . . or two!' laughed Pio.