View Single Post
Old 06-12-2002, 06:59 AM   #224
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

For a messenger had been sent below deck to apprise Child and Iril of the dispatch of Maeglin into the void.

At that point,a great burden had been lifted from Idril's heart,yet part of her was sad. She explained to Child: "He has given Tuor and myself evil after evil, yet I can not forget still that he is my cousin."

At this point, Idril deeply sighed: "Perhaps before the final battle Maeglin will see the error of his ways and return to the Valar to beg forgiveness. Then the Elven folk will welcome him back with great joy."

Idril was also surprised to hear that her rescuers with sword, and dagger, and bow were all women. "For in my day, it was never so, she explained. "But, whether man or woman, I wish to express my gratitude to those fair creatures who have risked their lives for me."

And with the help of Child, she made her way to the deck of the boat, where many people of varied kindred had gathered.

And even before Pio could speak to the crowd, she spoke privately with each of the four warriors, even the small Primrose, to extend her thanks. And it gave her special joy to see Samwise's young daughter among the valiant warriors.

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]