View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 08:37 AM   #77
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

The crystal hung suspended from a branch as Elanor watched the scenes inside it. The others saw the witch as if she was in a trance and Harolas seemed to suspect she had caused Bulvards distress but instead she was beraing witness to it.

"Bulvard!"
"Fiona...I am coming..."
"Bulvard!....they are....no...NO...NO!"
"Fiona!"
He fought but could not see her. One foul goblin hit him from behind with the hilt of its sword onthe back of his head and he fell heavily to his knees in the dirt, his hands bound.
She fought against them and he was forced to watch. She screamed and the tears fell down her face but it was futile. At the end her limp form was thrown to the ground trembling. She reached one hand out towards Bulvard, her eyes pleading for him to take it. He strained against the ropes on his hands until they were slick with blood but he couldnt reach her. She opened her mouth, the lip split and blood streaming out to speak but its hard to speak without a tongue.
The goblins were now long gone now but their destruction was left. Bulvard sat on the swing holding the dead bodies of his family in his arms as he swung gently his eyes closed.

"No!" Elanor screamed and with an effort she ripped her eyes away from the crystal. The others looked at her as she sat gasping on the ground, her head in her hands. She had felt everything;
Bulvards despair...
The childs fear...
Fionas humiliation...
"Elanor?" A voice cut through the horrible scene. Slowly she raised her head and saw standing in front of her...
"Fiona?" she shook her head and the world returned. Tumnooriel was standing in front of her, not Fiona, but still Bulvard lay.
Taking a deep breath she lifted the now clear crystal in her shaking hand and walked over to the prostrate warrior. His eyes opened and the mist slowly cleared as the memory ended leaving pain. He tried to wipe away the tears and return to his usual remote hard self and open his mouth to speak but the witch stayed his hand and put a finger to his lips.
"Shhhh..." a tear rolled down her face onto his. Bulvard looked at her questioningly, his pained face puzzled. "I felt it, brave one. I felt her."
"My Fiona..."
"Yes. Shhhh...Sleep, she is at peace..." Bulvards eyes closed and Elanor kissed her palm and motioned it over his face to ward away dreams. She straightened, and saw Tumnaooriel looking shocked. She smiled at her and tried to avoid the visions of such a similar face racked with pain. She opened her mouth to speak before closing her eyes and fainting...