View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #19
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The experience with their real blades, and the talk that Pio had given them, made them choose cautiously. But being adventurous hobbits, they didn't want to be too far back in the line. They argued back and forth for a few moments, pointing to one ship and then choosing another, and then repeated the process again many times.

Pio waited patiently for them to make their decision, and pencilled a few more names into the empty spaces. Khelek should be in the first boat - quick on his feet, quick thinking, and he handled his blade well.

Angara she wanted at the middle of the line. She had a good mental rapport with her and it would be a quick link once it was time for the transfer. Now who could she put at the rear of the ships? Ancalimon perhaps? She pencilled in his name lightly.

She chewed her bottom lip in thought. Two others left. Cami should go in the boat Rose would choose. She tapped the pencil on the diagram. That meant Rose needed to be in one of the first ships, so that she and Nitir sould be at hand to bring the hobbits on board.

Now what to do about Bird? She tentatively pencilled her into the second boat, not knowing if she would travel by ship or choose to go another way.

'Pio!', came Daisy's voice, breaking her concentration. 'We've made our decision. We want to be in the second boat - behind you.' The elf wrote their names there, as well as Cami's.

'Excellent choice!' she said, grinning at the two satisfied hobbits. 'Especially since I was going to put you there anyway.' she thought to herself.

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]