View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 02:26 PM   #2
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Jack sighed as he removed his round helmet to scratch his golden, spiked head. He placed it back on again. He was so bored. His life in the Guard had been nothing to what he thought it would have been when he signed up at sixteen. Promises of exciting fights with dangerous criminals evapourated only a few days into the job when he discovered that in the Dale a criminal was about as frequent as a dragon attack.

He was stood on the side of the market square sucking on his pipe weed, it was of good quality, apparntly from somewhere in the east over the mountains the seller had told him. Not very likely but a nice touch by the seller nonetheless. Jack looked up at the sun and sighed again. There was at least seven hours left of the day. He looked around again desperatly searching for something to do. He noticed the blacksmiths and looked at his short sword. It did need sharpning slightly, well, anything to stop the impending boredom.

He walked into the shop as the heat and smell of burning metal hit him. A young woman about his age looked up from her daydeam with her hair tied back. Her cheeks had smudges of black and when she stood up and placed her thumbs in her tunic pockets Jack could see she knew her trade.
"How can I help you?" she said looking at him with her cool grey eyes. Jack unsheathed his sword and handed it to her.
"Well I could do with my blade sharpning, not that I get much use out of it, nothing much happens here does it!" Jadae agreed with a smile.
"Too right!" she laughed as she drifted back into thoughts of adventure whilst preparing the sword.

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]