View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 03:17 PM   #42
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Angalos groaned and turned onto his stomach. His contented sleep was interrupted by talking outside his room and footfalls thudding down the hall. Opening his bleary eyes, the young man propped himself up on one elbow and opened the shutter. He gasped. The sun was already up, and here he was, not even out of his nightclothes! Leaping out of bed, Angalos changed as quickly as possible into whatever he had and ran downstairs, axe in one hand and gear in the other. "I'm up!" he announced breathlessly as he ran into the common room.

Everyone else looked up as he came in. Jack smiled and hailed him by holding up a forkful of bacon. "Good morning, Angalos! Don't worry, you're not too late; just in time for breakfast!"

Angalos took a seat and settled in to the house specialty, eating much as he knew that he may not have another meal like this one for a long time. Between mouthfuls, he tried to make conversation. "I trust you all slept well?"

Everyone nodded in agreement. "I can hardly wait to get on our way," said Anuion. Jadae and Rosfin said the same. Angalos smiled. "I'm very much looking forward to this also. I've never done anything like this, in all my years in the trade business."

After breakfast was finished, the full and contented companions prepared for the task at hand. Arethin would be meeting them, and then they would pace themselves so to be away from the valley of Dale by sunset. Anticipation shone in everyone's eyes. They were eager to be off.

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]