View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 10:05 AM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Post of Child of the 7th Age

Game Founders,

Just a few qustions and ideas to get you started..... Many more will arise in the course of your talks.

First, will the action of the story take place before or after the actual wedding to Denethor?

Also, one of the things you'll need to develop is a clear-cut ending to the game. One of the thing our worksheet requires is to have a clear goal in mind so you know when the game is over.

You're obviously going to have some kind of conflict between the men and the women, with the men not understanding what the women are asking for and why. The men will resist and have to be won over gradually. But what is your ending going to be, the goal to which you're striving?

Is there some kind of a crisis or problem in Gondor where these feminine skills can be employed and lead up to a defined ending, perhaps even partially in the context of a party? Perhaps spying and untangling some diplomatic intrigue, with the help of friends and servants?

It's interesting to me that Finduilas lived near the sea and loved it, and that the decision to attack the Corsair fleet came just four years after her arrival at court. I almost wonder if she had some subtle hand in influencing her father-in-law's attitudes. Is it remotely possible that she had met and spoken with Aragorn in Pelargir perhaps before her marriage? You may or may not want to go in this direction.

When Pio and I discussed the possible intrigue and spying, she noted the following, "The women and their servants would have their own unique networking setup that could prove quite useful in ferreting out important tidbits of information. Also what to a man might seem unimportant information, to a woman used to reading other subtle signs, it might speak volumes."

Let your thoughts range as far afield as you want, but you will need a defined ending of some kind and probably some trace of wider conflict or intrigue.

Good luck and have fun! I'll drop in to see how things are going.

Cami

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]