Thread: MIRKWOOD RPG
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 06:58 PM   #113
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Tinuiel returned Rűdhchamion's gaze. Her eyes seemed to say to him, "Ah, so much for my wisdom." She held his gaze for a moment, then looked away. She heard Mornovarion speak, but before Thranduil could reply. She knelt before his throne.

"My Lord and King, I must bear the responsibility for this elf's action." Thranduil frowned and Legolas looked at her incredulously.

"Tinuiel, you are not to blame," he started, but Tinuiel held up her hand and met his eyes. As he looked into her eyes, he saw deep into the anguish that she had always kept hidden beneath the her usual, thoughtful gaze. Tinuiel turned her eyes from Legolas to Thranduil. She met his eyes for a moment, then lowered her head. "My king. I found this stranger in the forest. He drew a weapon against me, and for that alone, even without his trespass, he is subject to severe punishment. But I chose to ignore the your laws. He was wounded. I sent him to the infirmary and not to the dungeon. I"--she faltered for a moment. "I--He has suffered greatly, Lord. He is not himself. I sought to make things right. Forgive my pride, my Lord. In my eagerness for mercy, I placed my wisdom above your own. I take full responsibilty." She hung her head, and for the first time since her mother had died in her arms, she wept openly.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net