Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 12:05 AM   #232
Adanedhel
Animated Skeleton

Adanedhel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The cold air bit at Adanedhel's face slowly making him feel numb on his nose and ears, he had watched Laitalathion the whole time he had been telling his tale of shame. Adanedhel could see by the way his face changed and the tone of his voice he felt the most utmost remorse and shame as to what he had done and if he could have changed it he would have.
Adanedhel’s steely gaze softened and he placed a reassuring hand on the Half-Elf’s shoulder and said in soft tones:

‘The fate of some is a sometimes strange and difficult road but I think I would travel it with you maybe part of the way’

Laitalathion seemed to lift his head slightly as though those few words had somehow made it that little bit better. Adanedhel took his hand from Laitalathion’s shoulder and shivered slightly then said with a furtive glance at the first snow flakes that began to fall from the sky.

‘Let us get out of this frigid night air the snow seems to have begun fallling and if my senses prove correct it will continue doing so few a few hours to come’

Laitalathion looked up a slight frown creasing his brow and Adanedhel reassured him:

‘We won’t go back in if it worries you, the stable boy’s room just beside the stables will be good enough so that their no unfriendly ears will hear us’

Adanedhel walked to the end of the stable where a small shack had a beam of light peaking through the curtains drawn across the window and the small crack under the door. He rapped twice in the wooden door and a young boy answered his slender frame wrapped in a cloak far to big for him.
His eyes were suspicous as he asked:

‘What would you like sir?’

Adanedhel smiled warmly and replied:

‘Just a loan of your quarters son’

The young boy was still suspicous until Adanedhel drew a small leather bag of coins that jingled sharply in the night air. The boy’s eyes lit up and he reached for the bag, eyes transfixed on the money bag.

‘Anything else sir?’

The suspicous tone totally absent from his voice now and Adanedhel’s grin widened:

‘Just a pitcher of ale if you please’

The boy bowed quickly and sprinted off towards the rear door of the inn the door opening and closing quickly as he didn’t slow through the door then as the two Half-Elves entered the small shack they heard the crash of plates and the yells of surprise and anger.
Adanedhel laughed and even Laitalathion couldn’t help but smile then the two sat at the plain table in the middle of the room, to one wall a bed and to the left a small fireplace, a merry little blaze crackling away.

‘Does this suit you better?’

Adanedhel smiled and produced a worn leather case, out of which he pulled a deck of cards. He smiled wickedly and said with an inccocent tone:

‘Do you play cards by any chance?’

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

-Henry V