Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #235
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Even the charms in her pocket seemed cold, as she held them and rubbed them between her fingers. The bird and the horse. Bethberry wondered if the old wizard recognized she would be unable to part with them, drawn to the art of their composition. She chuckled to herself and wondered if he would head on after the storm let up.

Even the shutters shuddered as the winds blew and the story banners in the rafters flailed at times when the gusts grew great enough. Snow piled high against the outside walls of The Horse, almost to window height. It had been difficult for the staff to wade through the snow to close the shutters, protecting the windows and the halls from the worst of the violent storm.

Even the roads in Edoras were impassable, let alone the roads either south or north or east. In storms like this, the prominence of Edoras at the mountain's edge was its weakness, for it was enveloped in whiteouts, giant drifts, ferociously cold winds. Frozen, time stilled almost.

No one would go anywhere. All were captive in the Inn.

"Well," thought Bethberry, "perhaps we will talk about our tales a bit, instead of living them." She proceeded to write out an announcement on the large notice board.

We have had a great deal of fun developing characters here at the Inn; you have done a great job exploring their lives. Yet these lives have not led many gamers to develop plots and stories. We have not moved on from character to plot. Perhaps it is time now to talk more about plot and story than character.

To that end, I would like to invite patrons of The White Horse to talk about their experience with games. I have invited Aman, Aylwen, and Susan to come here and explain how they came up with their ideas for games, what it was like developing their ideas, and how well they think the proposal system aided their interests in gaming. (They can come in the character of their games, or as their nick personalities, as they prefer. )

I also welcome other gamers to talk about why they like to game, what they look for in a game, how they choose which games to join, where they get their ideas for their characters.

The Blue Mountain gamers will also be coming here to discuss their plans for their new game now that Blue Mountain has concluded. It might be interesting to see how they work it out. I'm looking forward to it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gamers of Rohan, this is your chance to talk about why you RPG and to share sources for where you find your ideas.

This does not mean that we can't game in character here. Indeed, we will shortly be seeing some subplots developing out of the Inn. But it does mean that the Inn will also become a place where Rohan gamers can talk about their games.

Please feel free to contribute, at any level or topic. This is your chance to let me know how I can help you game at Rohan.

Bethberry

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]