View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 10:14 PM   #46
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Yes, I think we did, but you were small..." She replied.

Énien had left Turthol and returned to where CAlimir was sitting. He turned to her and sopke softly. "There is no orc behind every tree waiting to attack you Énien." he said. "You can afford to let down your guard." Énien looked away. He was right though.

"I know you are right, Calimir, but when i found-" she stopped. "My brother, Énden... I... there was blood everywhere Climir, everywhere you looked there was blood." A single tear rolled down her cheek, still she stood, head bowed almost as if she was ashamed.

"Men do not understand us as we do understand ourselves, you must forgive them for that." Énien picked up her head.
"Yes, i have been rather harsh Calimir, though only out of good will I assure you." She galced at the sleeping company. "I am glad to have another from Rivendell so near. Tell me stories of home, what of Glorenwen and Wilwarin?... nay tell me not, tell me tomorrow when we are on the road. You must sleep, it has been a long day for all. I will keep watch."

Énien clambered up to a high branch of a tree, armed with her bow. She sat and watched the night away. The ever menacing star still way overhead filling the hillside with a strange silver light. The night air cool and calm with only the occasional howls of wolves to disturb the party's rest.

~My lord, Éomer~