View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 07:55 AM   #54
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Tolkien

"Don't let him go, Firiel." Rostion said. "Not yet.." Firiel gave a short nod. "Come on now, switch places with me. Just take a step backwards to the left. I won't let you fall. And f course, don't let Solondil go..." Firiel did as Rostion said, but the weight of Solondil wasn't exactly i her favour. When Firiel had stepped backwards Rostion came and leaped in front of her. He sized Solondil and dragged him up.

It was first now, the elves in front of them had noticed that something were wrong. They came running back to Firiel and Rostion. "Just continue forwards." Firiel said to them. "Everything is fine." Firiel added. The elves looked at her but did as she said.

Before continuing Rstion, Firiel and Solondil just stood there and tried to breathe as normally as possible. They were all out of breath and didn't say anything. It seemed that Solondil was the first one to get his breath back though, and then he thanked them. Rostion shook his hand and suggested that they should continue so they wouldn't loose the others.

~*~

Finally they reached the bottom of the mountain side. The fog was thick there too, but not as thick as the one in the mountains. No one would believe how happy Firiel was to be down on the ground again. The mountain episode with Solondil had been quite frightening, and Firiel felt that she needed some good deal of sleep to gather her strengths.

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]