View Single Post
Old 09-21-2002, 02:49 PM   #144
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I will go with whatever you guys decide. As I said, I think some tension is needed. I agree that Sauron wouldn't have warships at his disposal. Pharazon was a fool but he wasn't stupid.

Assume that he sends a ship which doesn't find the Cami landing party. They are lured off; just because our wizard can't use magic doesn't mean he can't use his other talents (I seem to recall fireworks in the shape of a dragon from somewhere). Maybe there's a land battle with guards not affiliated with Sauron just to spice things up.

Having not found the dragon, our Dark friend would send out a few more, probably not enough to contest 20 Elven ships. Maybe they are seen going in and a greater force meets them coming out. Maybe all but the foremost are outrun.

Battle in the seas at that time would consist of ramming, use of fire (arrows) and boarding. This could provide some color.

We need to strive for believeability. We can't overcome a fleet. We do not have tremendous resources in arms. Stealth has been our ally. I wonder if anyone actually reads this as it progresses?