View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 10:44 AM   #158
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Quote:
The HRP and hobbrim cannot get back to the Star because of these patrols. Can we have them stuck there say 3 or 4 days?
Absolutely no problem. Bird and I had planned a 2-3 day storm all along so an extra day won't kill us.

Quote:
I propose moving the Star closer in now to the island. We can somehow make it look as if it were a largish fishing vessel coming back into port.(We had already discussed earlier that we would no longer go with the idea of it being a vessel of Elven design) Ancalimon and Mithadan can be the Old Fisherman and Mith, his first mate/son. The elves would have to stay below decks, out of sight.

We will be hailed by one of the patrol boats and boarded to see who we are. At that point, after some tense questioning by Sauron's man and his growing suspicion of Ancalimon and Mith, we will slay him, board the other craft quickly, slay the other minion and then we have to figure out what to do with their craft.
A mannish boat, rather than an Elvish boat is fine for the Star. But how could the Star sail to the coast when there's such bad weather? Don't they have to wait till the weather dies down a little? Maybe the storm is still going on, but it's beginning to slacken when they come.

Let me suggest a chronology for this and you see if it works.

1. Rescue party is stuck for 3 days on account of the storm. During those 3 days, these things happen:

a. Angara wakes up and is weeping and she's angry at Mith because he used Osanwe. (Even when Mith posted, I wondered if he should have sent Angara, since she might attract attention. I never dreamed of Osanwe attention, however. ) Angara won't tell Cami what has happened but only says we must get back to the Star. Of course, we can't leave because of the weather.

b. A scene or two with lore and discussing hobbit history (see helen's latest post re remembering maura) Helen also has a new poem for the hobbrim to sing.

c. During the storm, a small ship with two men is beached on the coast. We know it belongs to Sauron because of the banner(Hey, what insignia did Sauron use?)
Angara is still ill so she can't do anything. We don't want to use the hobbrim since they're even more hidden than hobbits. Bird is smart enough not to use her dragon form, as there aren't many dragons floating over Numeor.

After the storm ends, Rose and Bird go to Sauron's ship in the middle of the night. There is a scuffle and the women overpower them since they do have the element of surprise. The hobbrim push the ship out into slightly deeper waters and scuttle it. Sauron will think it drowned in the storm.

2. As the storm dies down, the Star heads towards land. Mith does this beause of what Ancalimon has said concerning Sauron and Angara. Mith and Pio are beginning to worry that something may be going wrong. Therefore, they send the Star in to investigate and help with the rescue.

While Rose's and Bird's ambush of the ship and its scuttling is going on, the scene with the Star as a fishing vessel takes place, as you described. The Star comes and picks us up. We are already out swimming in the water towards the ship. (Of course, we think it's 100 miles away.)

3. An angry Angara tells his story to Mith. He is furious that Mith used osanwe. Angara's story confirms what Ancalimon already told Mith and Pio -- Sauron's awareness of the dragon. But Angara adds two more points of informtion: Sauron wants to add the dragon to his circle of minions, and Sauron is beginning to be suspicious that something weird may be up--though he has no idea what.

4. Bird tells the story how she and Rose found a beached craft of Sauron, and how they killed the men and scuttled it.

5. Mith and Pio are alarmed. What Angara said, plus the presence of the craft of Sauron, doesn't sound good. They need more information.

5. Daisy makes her offer to go spy on guard headquarters. At first, Mith refuses it saying it's too dangerous for one small girl to be sent out alone. The he decides we have to have more info. Levanto takes Daisy to the tombs........She discovers the things like you said, and gets the information back through Levanto.

I do think Daisy should make a point of saying she has seen imprisoned men as well as hobbits at work. We want to lay some grundwork for flinging open the jail cells of men, since the hobbits can't be singled out to Sauron.

Regarding Daisy in an isolation cell--maybe she's trying to get a memo off someone's desk--maybe the new duty roster for the guards, only thankfully the bad guys think she's trying to steal some money or jewelry also lying there?

I agree, since Sauron's folk were men, they do not have direct osanwe contact with their boss.

What do you think?
sharon