View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 08:40 AM   #384
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Fan fiction suggestion:

There's been a few suggestions about how Pio and Bird end up on the Star as "equal partners". Another one was that Mith loses the Star in a game of chance. Mith wouldn't do this. Its completely contrary to his character.

Here's my suggestion. Starting with my previously drafted backstory (Bird needs to be added in as Pio's companion; when Pio refuses Mith's dinner invitation, Bird accepts and sits at the "captain's table" with Mith and some rather stuffy lords and ladies - good opportunity for some early humor), Mith is not the owner of the Star, he's just the captain. When the Star arrives in Gondor and the passengers are let off, Mith meets with the owner and discovers he intends to sell the ship. Mith doesn't have enough money and is too proud to ask his brothers, though they would likely be glad to contribute.

Cami (and Rose) meet Pio and Bird. A "chance meeting", during which Cami tells that she has tried unsuccessfully to hire a ship to seek the origins of the halflings but has been unsuccessful. Either Pio or Bird is taken by the story, Pio because of her background or Bird because of her mysterious heritage. They seek out Mith and try to hire him and the Star.

They are told the Star is up for sale and Mith can't afford to buy it. The short version is they pool their funds and buy the Star as a joint venture (meaning Mith isn't completely in charge). Mith hopes to buy out Pio and Bird when they return. How Veritas gets on the ship is beyond me but we can work it out. We may need one or more crewmembers (the "red shirts" as Bird would put it), but we're on our way.

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]