View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 10:19 PM   #105
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

"Himelilek, Ozracles, help me! Watch the wolf!" Throndruin shouted as he ran toward Ollea. She tried to run back, away from him, but with only one good leg she fell onto her back with another cry of pain. Thorondruin leapt and straddled her belly as she struggled to rise. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the other two struggling with the wolf, but he had no attention to spare for them. They could handle it. He pulled the dagger from his shoulder with a wince and sheathed it. He heard hoofbeats coming from the forest. He remembered she had a horse back at the inn; she must have called it. Well, it had come too late. He leaned forward and held her arms down so she couldn't hit him any more and hissed, "Stop! I'll kill you if you don't!"
"You're lying!" she cried back, "You'll kill me no matter what I do!"
"I could have killed you before now, if I'd wanted to, but I haven't! I only want to know why you were spying on me."
Frantically, Ollea looked around for help. Khelek was still occupied with Himeleilek and Ozracles, but her horse was standing at the edge of the clearing, watching the action. Get this Man off me! She shouted silently to it. Kick him in the head!
Thorondruin noticed where her attention was directed and saw the horse just in time to scramble out of the way. She grabbed a piece of its harness and scrambled up as it ran into the woods. Khelek saw this and managed to extricate himself from the fight and run after her. The other two seemed inclined to follow, but Thorondruin stopped them. It just wasn't worth it. He flexed his shoulder experimentally. It wasn't as bad as it had seemed at first.