View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 01:22 AM   #143
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
1420!

Remdil's head was still pounding, and he'd spent the night feeling resentful and ill-used. They'd called him Rimdal, made a terrible mess (which he didn't suppose he'd be exempted from having to clean) frightened away most if not all of the other guests, and only paid about half the bill. Besides, they were unforgivably rude, and stared at him the same way that self-possessed, clever merchants did when they thought they could hoodwink him.

Now he was enraged. There was no doubt in his mind that they fully intended to kill Livia, and Thoronduil's threat fell on deaf ears. He stood very, very still for a moment, allowing his resolve to gather.

He walked to the doorway and, standing unseen, watched them leave. Northeast they rode, laughing uproariously at some unheard and doubtless vulgar joke of Himelilek's, toward Neniant.

He'd seen their plunder. With the lack of taste typical of travelers, they'd taken a great deal of gold and enough jewelry to deck out all their elf-women as queens, but very little of anything useful. The inn was still well-stocked with food and blankets, which they were sure to notice and need. They would stop at Neniant, oh, yes, they would.

Remdil stumbled out into the sunlight, blinking. The watch was far more efficient than it seemed, and kept much better horses than visitors at the inn, and, as he remembered, so did that of Neniant.

He knew just where to find Gondeithel at this time of morning.

<<OOC: Neniant means "Bridgewater" (a tiny joke of mine), so please remember that there is a river in that town. >>

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum