View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 01:26 PM   #186
Judge Simon
Wight

Judge Simon has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Shade sheathed his sword and stood up. He squinted up at the rain and drew up his dark hood. Shade whistled for his horse which caught Faye's attention. She walked over to him just as his horse came up.
Faye-Where are you off to now?
Shade-I've got to go back to my men in Mordor, I can't stay here, sitting around doing nothing. They're counting on me. You're welcome to come if you like.

Faye smiled and as Shade got on his horse, Faye jumped on behind him. Shade was off at a furious pace and Faye had to cling to him just to stay on the horse. As they reached Mordor, the air grew heavy again and land grew rougher. As they reached the camp, many of the soldiers who weren't too badly wounded were in the hospital tent. Shade dismounted his horse and walked toward his own tent. The Dark One was there but Jakeem was gone.
Shade-[dark speech] Where is Jakeem?
DarkOne-In the hospital tent. but do not fear, he will recover.[Dark one quickly added seeing the fear that had showed in Shade's face]
Shade-The battle? What was the outcome?
DarkOne-We beat the orc army down they are scattered now and without a leader. Tell me Alhuanion, do you feel ready to take up the claim and birthright of your fathers? Do you feel that you have finally earned it?
Shade-I still have business to do, I wish to speak of it no more.

Faye had just entered the tent at this point.