View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #188
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Aradaewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aradaewen Send a message via AIM to Aradaewen
Sting

Radae awoke some hours later (dragons are sound sleepers). She yawned and stretched, noting the fact that she seemed to have reverted to dragon form in her sleep. She also was very hungry. She spread her wings and took to the air. Soon she brought down a skinny, undersized deer, but it was all there was to be had, and she ate it. When she returned to camp, she realized that it was deserted. She sniffed around, and found human footprints and horse hoofprints heading off into the southeast.
They were several hours old, which told Radae that if she had been a little more observant, she would have noticed that Shade and Faye had left before she even woke up. Somehow, she was positive that they had gone into Mordor, but she wondered why they would not ask her to go with them, or at least inform her that they were leaving. Radae decided to fly after Collette and Aranel, as they would be returning to Orthanc after their business was complete and would have no clue where the others were. She would go to them.
She once again spread her wings and soared into the upper atmosphere. She glided easily along and soon spotted, after about 20 minutes, the small figures of the elf and hobbit. She furled her wings and dived noiselessly, swooping over their heads. Both girls shrieked and ducked, and Radae laughed chuckling. When Aranel and Collette saw who it was, they started laughing too. When they were done, Radae filled them in about Faye and Shade.
"So you see, I followed you to tell you where they had gone- I don't think I'd have nearly as much trouble figuring out their whereabouts as you would. I dropped by to fill you in, but now what do I do? Do I proceed with you or go help Shade and Faye in Mordor?" There was silence as hobbit and elf digested the dragon's information and thought about their answers.