Thread: Wolf Run RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 03:35 AM   #122
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

As the wolves charged, Fin and Celeb closed ranks and drew their weapons. The Ranger cursed himself for leaving his sword unattended, he only had his knife to play with. Celeb was in a similar situation. Immediately two of the wolves came at them and circled, waiting to pounce.

"Damn these things," Fin muttered, "I was about to dance with Celeb!" He swung out quickly and took the wolves by surprise, leaving them no time to counter before he was back in a defensive position.

"As long as we are here, less Breelanders are being hurt," he whispered to the beautiful maiden beside him. "We need to keep them here."

As he spoke the first wolf jumped at him. He side stepped and threw a fist into the wolves jaw, hearing an audible crack as a reward. But as soon as it had landed it turned and attacked again. As it came in, Fin saw the second wolf leap at Celeb and his anger swelled. As the wolf jumped he ducked and rolled, cutting the neck of the wolf with his knife. As the dying beast fell it racked his arm and the knife flew away. Fin was now unarmed.

He rose quickly, only to see the wolf closing in on Celeb. She was on the ground against a tree with the beast a mere second away. He glanced at his knife that had been flung away but had no time. With a giant leap he tackled the wolf in the side, rolling away into the trees. They rolled until they hit a huge tree root and unfortunately, the wolf came out on top. He racked Fin's face visciously, cuting a gouge from his cheek. The ranger cried in pain and launched a mighty blow with his fist, sending the creature reeling. As they fought, he thought, almost humourously, "I've fought trolls in the north, orcs in the east and won, but now I stand alone without a sword and what am I...useless." He sighed with remorce before a picture of the breeland children entered his mind.
As the wolf charged again he cried, "I will not let foul evil as though hurt the innocent, be gone demon creature," and he collided with the wolf. As they grappled, blood flying from him, he saw something in the trees. Was it help? But as four padded feet emerged his hope went.
"Well, I can still kill you," he shouted and with a huge wrench, snapped the neck of his enemy.
The second pounced.