View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 05:04 PM   #132
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Robin saw that Daisy was opening her presents, so, with color rising to her cheeks, she stepped forward, dragging Dinodas with her.

"Er... Daisy..." Robin said hesitantly.

Daisy looked up, her eyes sparkling. "Yes?" she said.

"Well, this is from Dinodas and myself," said Robin hastily, and shoved a package into Daisy's arms.

Daisy opened the present and pulled out a beautiful crimson dress. Before she could say anything Robin began talking again.

"I had an old cloak my mum had made me bring along. It was in very bad repair, but I spent all my spare moments fixing it up and turning it into what it is now."

"Thank you," Daisy said, and, leaning forward kissed Robin on the cheek. "Was it from you, too?" she asked, turning to Dinodas.

"Well... er... yes," Dinodas said, "and maybe you could call the fish a present from Branda, Carl, and I... and Tom... I guess," he muttered, glancing darkly towards Tom but winking at him.

"Thank you, too," and Daisy kissed him on the cheek also. Then she saw Gaddy's envious expression and laughed. "Very well," she said, and he got the same as Robin and Dinodas, only he turned brighter red than both of them put together.

Robin stepped back, holding Dinodas' hand, and whispered to him, "That turned out better than I thought it would. I was afraid she wouldn't like it." Dinodas gave her hand a friendly squeeze.