View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 03:50 PM   #192
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elentari slept restlessly. She never stopped tossing and turning. Images appeared in her mind of an inn full of bodies. Orcs were there, and so was Airerūthiel. The images shifted to that of a battle. There, Elentari saw herself and the fellowship running. But the dream did not follow her, but stayed focused on Airerūthiel. Elentari saw the Orc ride up behind her friend, then shot are with an arrow.

"Why?" thought the elf-witch. "Why am I seeing this? What use is it now?" The images skiped forward in time to the present. Elentari now saw Soronūmė carrying Airerūthiel back to camp on his horse.

"Lorin!" shouted Elentari has she woke the half-elf. "Wake up! We will soon need your healing skills." The elf-witch kept shaking Lorin until she woke.

"Elentari?" asked Lorin, still half asleep. "What? What is it?" Lorin looked at Elentari and noticed the concern on her face. "What is it? What have you seen?"

"Airerūthiel is alive." replied Elentari. "She is very badly injured. Soronūmė is bringing Airerūthiel back now."

"I was a fool." thought the elf-witch, scolding herself. "Why did I not atleast look for her? I thought she was dead. Khōrbar! He put those words into my head. I read his thoughts before the battle. He was going to abandon us if the battle looked bad. And he abandoned her, he abandoned my friend." Elentari was angrier than she had been in a long time. Her outline glowed blue. But she had learned long ago to control her rage, and so the outline dimmed, but did not go.

OCC: This is meant for just before Amanaduial the archer's post

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]