View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 07:51 AM   #51
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I think that Aredhel was just a free spirit like her cousin Galadriel. The only difference was, that Galadriel knew when she could leave, and when it was just stupid to leave. I don't think Aredhel realized that. Of course, she was a silly bint at times, but I don't really blame her. I would have tried to claw my way out of that city if I had to.

The one thing that makes me want to slap that silly bint though is when she rode to Gondolin with Maeglin, why the hell did she wear white?!?!?!?! I mean, Eol could see her from far away wearing that, which gave them both away! I don't think it was her free spirit that resulted in all the above-mentioned events, it was her vanity! She loved being the White Lady of the Noldor, and apparently, forgot that her husband would follow them as soon as he got back!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote