View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 01:48 PM   #54
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I will lead the first group, with Gaeriel and Hermesin", Kurzag heard Gorthroth's voice echoing in the cavern as he entered in it. The sound was hollow and dark like Kurzag's heart but there was something more to it – it seemed to rise straight from the stone around the creature and it was cold, cold as death itself.

"And you will also join me." The wight continued, now addressing his words to Kurzag. "We will attack from the north passage. The rest of you, under Cersed will attack from the south." "We will attack in two hours!"

Violent shivers went through Kurzag's mutilated body. He tried to suppress them which only made him shake even worse. But the icy air lingering in the cave had hardly anything to do with this. Red flame flickered again in Kurzag's eye and his fists squeezed convulsively, his knuckles turning white as he tried to somehow master his rage. Who he thinks he is, telling ME what to do?! He clenched his rotten teeth so forcibly that two of them twisted off and the taste of blood filled his mouth.

Pain luckily had a calming effect on the orc and the blood in his mouth made him only hungry again. Fine then, let's hear what that scarecrow has planned in its damned head. Kurzag watched nonchalantly as the other group left under the lead of Cersed and listened with one ear what Gorthroth was saying. "Kurzag, you will follow as if in chase. The enemy will attack you and as they pass the tunnel Hermesin will attack from the side." Kurzag growled, neither endorsing nor disapproving. Then a ghoulish grin rose to his face I'll surely follow you, Master Wight, and take part in this hunt – but maybe not the way you had planned!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kurzag trudged through the many caves and tunnels following Gorthroth and Hermesin. He didn't see Gaeriel but could feel her just a few steps behind – the coldness fell like another skin around him. Suddenly the icy clasp eased and then it was gone. Kurzag looked over his shoulder to see nothing but darkness. Aha! another who likes to fly solo., he grimaced and bothered not to inform Gorthroth about Gaeriel's parting. Let the Boss figure it out by himself, he mused maliciously.

As Kurzag finished this thought their dwindled company reached the Cave of Spears. Everything was calm, the sound of water dripping from the stalactites being the only thing to break the silence.

Gorthroth had stopped and turned around, obviously to deliver new orders. To Kurzag's great delight the wight seemed first uneasy and then furious as he detected Gaeriel's absence. Gorthroth's distraction still tickled Kurzag as he spoke simulating solemn tone

"Hmm, we seem to be missing a companion... Well, that suits me fine – the smaller the group the larger ones share of the kill."

Judging by the freezing atmosphere Kurzag's words had not deadened Gorthroth's rage. Obstinate as he was Kurzag couldn't bring himself to admit Gorthroth's supremacy but this time he knew where to draw the line.

"The dwarves and men will be here, hopefully, soon. Now what's our next move?" the orc asked turning to watch the wight, and waited for his motion.

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]