View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 08:06 PM   #45
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The dark night softened into a cool gray morning, and Ferd shivered on the cold hard ground as he tossed and turned. His eyes opened to find Ama several feet away stirring from her slumber.

Pushing himself up to a sitting position Ferd leaned over and whispered, “Ama! Hey Ama! Are you awake?” Ama rubbed her eyes and nodded.

Ferd’s stomach was empty and food was immediately on his mind. He looked around at his companions and then to the pack that contained the few rations they had left. They would have to find more food, and they needed a fire. Wrapping his arms around his chest, Ferd shivered again as he thought of the possibility of heat.

“Ama,” Ferd whispered and crawled toward the lass. The rough ground made his knees sore. “Get up, Ama…I need some help.”

“What’s wrong, Ferd.” Ama sat up, stretched, and produced a long yawn. Ferd stood brushing the dirt off his clothes and reached down to help Ama to her feet. “We need firewood,” he continued softly trying not to wake the others. “Can you help me gather some before the others wake up?” Ama nodded and the two hobbits walked side by side into the nearby trees.