View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #67
Calenedheliel1
Pile O'Bones

Calenedheliel1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosie sat near the fire, eating the fish and taking a handful of berries and putting them her mouth. “Oh, my goodness”, she thought, “These berries are very tart. I hope that they are okay to eat. They look similar to the ones back home, that I’ve eaten while I was in the forest.”

Ferd’s and Ben’s singing brought Rosie back to the present, and it was at that moment that she remembered the birds that she and Falco had caught. She got the birds and plucked their feathers and added them to the fire to cook. They needed all the food that they could get with 8 hobbits and Old Bill to feed.

Rosie was turning the birds over to finish cooking them when she overheard Ben talking to Old Bill about some kind of treasure. She looked over at Falco and asked him to continue cooking the birds so that she could go over to Ben and Old Bill and join in their conversation. She walked over to Ben and listened to what he was saying. As Rosie listened to Ben she couldn’t help but remember a story her Da had told her about Hildifons Took, a distant relative, who went on a journey in the direction of the Barrowdowns and was never heard from again. She wondered if the wights had gotten him. She piped up and said “Well I for one do not want to find out if the stories about the wights are true.” Old Bill took a sneaky glance towards Rosie and chuckled to himself “Lass, you have no idea what you and your friends will see real soon."

Rosie saw Old Bill look at her and smiled back at him and suddenly realized that she was not so sure that the look on his face was all that friendly. A chill ran down her back and she began for the first time since meeting him to distrust him. A sense of foreboding overwhelmed her as she stood beside Ben. She tried to shake off the feeling by getting ready for the long journey ahead of the group as they headed home to the Shire.

[ June 18, 2003: Message edited by: Calenedheliel1 ]

[ June 18, 2003: Message edited by: Calenedheliel1 ]