View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #92
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The hobbits treaded through the tall grass traveling northeast where their hopes and their home lay. Ben pulled a small whistle out of his pocket and began to play a happy little tune. Ferd who walked right behind him danced as he walked and clapped his hands to the beat of the music. Skipping about and clicking his heals together, first on one side then on the other, Ferd tried to make the others laugh. He reached out a ruffled Penny’s hair from behind, and she turned around and tried to glare at him, but her efforts failed when Ferd crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out.

Before she could turn back around, their new canine companion rubbed against her legs and she almost tripped. “Hey dog! Watch what you’re doing!” She cried. Ferd couldn’t help smiling, although he held back his laughter.

Ben called back that naming the dog would be a good idea, since he seemed to be staying with the group. Ferd had begun to really like the dog and naming him would be fun.

“You know, he’s a real likeable pooch and kinda funny. ‘Specially when he almost killed you last night, Ben.” A bit of snickering was heard from the other hobbits. “I think we should name him after someone…respectable…and smart…and funny. Hmm…” Twisting his mouth to one side and rubbing his temple with his finger, Ferd acted like he was contemplating some serious issue. “I got it! We’ll call him Ferdy!”

“Oh, please,” Ama rolled her eyes at Ferd trying not to laugh. “You said someone smart.”

“Well, do you have a better idea?” Ferd pretended to pout and crossed his arms over his chest and hung his head to one side.