View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 12:27 AM   #5
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Eruwen's post

Callo walked out of the forest toward where many Elves were cleaning up from the distasters the dragon had caused. He led his horse, Melimo, by his side quietly. As he walked along heading back home, he noticed a female Elf weeping as she gathered pieces of wood into a pile.

"Might I help you with that, Tinwe?" Callo said approaching the woman. "I know it can't be easy losing your home in such a hard time as it is already."

Callo was addressing the fact that Tinwe's husband was one of the captives in an earlier Dragon incident. This captive also happened to be a great friend to him. Tinwe nodded, but didn't look up. After a few moments of silence, she looked at Callo smiling.

"But at least this will be over soon, right?" Tinwe said.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, havn't you heard? The King had set Elentari in charge of a quest to slay the dragon. Maybe you should go talk to her about it. You're skillful with archery, and besides, it would be good for you to get away from all of this misery."

A quest to kill the dragon? Callo thought to himself. He looked around at the other families of Elves still managing to hold on to what was left since the Dragon came. He knew what it felt like to lose someone close. He could feel their pain. Just then Callo stood up straight. He quickly mounted his grey steed which was grazing on the grass at his feet. Tinwe smiled as she watched Callo set off.

"Elentari, are you here?" Callo said riding up quickly to the Elf's home. Elentari did not know him much, but they randomly talked here and there. Callo unmounted from his horse as he saw the Elf peer down from the tree.

"They are not completely lost!" Callo said smiling. Elentari gave him a queer look. "The Elves which were taken...they may not be dead. I know how it is to lose someone very close to you. Please, let me help these families out. Let me aid you on the quest to slay this dragon. I could not save my own family, but I can try to save these."

Elentari stared down out of the tree towards Callo trying to comprehend all that the Elf had said so quickly. Callo waited for a reply.