View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 12:29 AM   #6
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Excheeto's post

Alcyávëiel went inside from the left field.She was wondering whether she should let these plants pollinate themselves again,or if it was time to cross them with the plants on the other side of the vineyard.The result would be one line of especially excellent plants,but once those plants die off,it would take severel years before she could produce another crop like it.She had been selling off more of her vintages in the celler,waiting for the boom the great crop would bring,but the demand was higher than she had expected,and she was running out of vintages before she had as much of the time she had wished for in the large center field.It was fallow now,but it wouldn't be soon,she stared at the fields hoping it wouldn't be too soon for what she was planning.

She paced her way into the book room,then into the guest wing.Her precious vineyard was one thing,but something more important was on her mind as well.

She heard the hurried footsteps outside.Composing herself,she walked towards the door,opening it before her servent had a chance to knock.

"Mae Govennen Nefelen,have you heard anything about Iarlhach?"
The elven youth hung his head,"My lady,the town has been speaking of a ....well,a dragon kidnapping severel of the smiths"
Alcyávëiel paused,holding back her shock and grief."Have you heard anything about my husband?"
"Severel of Thranduil's archer's looked around the smiths,I spoke to one,he said they were gone"he dug in his knapsack,pulling out a leather bag,in which he pulled out Iarlhach's thick work gloves."They found this my lady,I'm sure they belong to him".

"Come in and have a seat Nefelen"she said.She walked over to the fireplace and sat down.The fire was almost out.Nefelen grabbed a candlestick,lighting it with the fire,then using it to light the other four in the room before taking a seat across from Alcyávëiel.Her hood nearly hid her face compleatly as she stared at the gloves,her fingers tracing her husband's initials carved on the edge.

"You should wear these until I come back"she said quietly."My lady?what do you mean?""The left field needs pruning,I know your good at it,but take these gloves to protect your hands,keep them for me,and tell Culerin to watch over you and the vineyard,should I not return".

She held her head up and rose,placing the gloves in the shocked servant's lap.He sat with his jaw dropped as she daintily took his bow and unbuckled his quiver,adjusting it on herself as she walked out of the door.