View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 01:53 PM   #104
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hearing Lostlondwen's urgent calls, Aravorn turned his attention away from the injured companions and went to see what the problem was.

He looked up towards where the Elf was pointing and was startled to see a young lad hurriedly climbing down from the tree. The minute the boy's feet hit the ground, he scampered back several paces as if he was uncertain whether to stay or to rn.

Aravorn took in the boy's ragged clothes, the bruises on his body and the tears brimming out of his eyes. Then he held his hands outward with his palms extended so the lad could see that he was not brandishing a weapon, "It's alright boy, whoever you are. I've a feeling you've just lost some kin, and I'm sorry for that. But this band has brought sadness to many and had to be stopped. I wish it could have been different."

The boy eyed him warily, then walked a step or two closer. "You're hungry, aren't you? If you come back with us, I'll make sure you get a hot plate of stew. Then you'll be free to stay or go. If you have other kin, we'll help to find them. If not, you're welcome to stay with us and put your skills to use. We could use a good, strong lad and I promise we'd treat you fair. We'll need to start by getting you a pony. But, either way, you're not our prisoner. It's your choice to stay or leave. You decide and let me know."

Aravorn turned to leave and motioned Lostlondwn to do the same. The boy hestitated a minute, and then followed behind in their footsteps.