View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 07:10 AM   #111
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elentari's wounds had healed quickly, so as soon as she could she had made up the special medicine and applied it to Vrain's eyes and where the blow had stuck him. Hopefully it would speed up the natural healing process. She made sure that both the brothers knew that if his sight returned, it was not because of some miracle she had performed, but that she merely helped speed up the healing process. If the eyes were never going to heal, then the medicine would do nothing, for naturally nothing would happen.

When it was time for Aravorn and the rangers to go, Elentari saw that the boy was packing to go with them.

"Child," said Elentari. "You have a good heart. It is a pitty your father got you mixed up in such a group. So you are going with the rangers?"

"Yes," replied Boy. "I want to learn the way of a ranger!"

Elentari smiled. "Aravorn will teach you all he knows, I'm sure. Well, you best be going. Take care, and may the Stars smile down on you for all of your days."

"Thank you," said Boy as he went to join Aravorn and the others.

A few days later, as the company sat down to their meal, Elentari made an announcement.

"I think you all know that we have tarried too long here. It is time we headed out on the trail again. The longer we wait, the more destruction that wyrm can cause. Our wounds have all healed, so their is nothing to stop us leaving."

As Elentari said 'Our wounds have all healed', she instantly knew the mistake in her words.

"Vrain, I am sure your eyes will heal soon," she said to Vrain afterward. "The Stars must have been smiling down on you for this to be your only injury from that blow. I have known hits like that to cause amnesia."

"Thank you Elentari," said Vrain quietly.

Elentari packed the supply bags and put them on Vrain's pony.

"Elentari, what are you doing?" asked Grain.

"You and Vrain are to ride back on your pony. I don't want him getting hurt anymore."

"You can't do that!" shouted Grain so that several of the company turned to see what Elentari was doing. "We've come too far now to have to go home."

"I'm sorry Grain, but my mind is made up."

Elentari went to put her own bags on Moon and left the company standing, moths open. They began to talk in low mummers so she couldn't hear.

"She can't do this to us," said Grain to Selven. "How am I to tell Vrain?"

"You know that she doesn't want anyone to get hurt. But maybe someone can talk her round."