View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 07:29 AM   #118
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

The company had finally reached the Swanship Inn, which they all seemed to be satisfy with. Ewinda and the rest of the company wanted to see the harbor, but Elentari wouldn't let them, something she wasn't too happy about. Ewinda didn't know how the others felt about this, but she was sure that some shared her thoughts. She really wanted to see the harbor and day dreamed about the ships while Elentari asked the proprietor for a meal and lodgings for the night. Anyway she respected Elentari's wishes and let her thoughts about the subject slip her mind, for never to return.

The whole company sat down by the fireside, and waited for their food. A discussion developed and almost everyone participated accept from Ewinda. She was too tired and hungry to say anything at all. She just sat there looking at an elf some tables away. Even though he was sitting she could see that he was very tall and slender. He had dark hair and deep grey eyes.

She was so tired that she didn't know what she was doing, the next thing she knew was that she had seated next to the unkonwn elf. The company didn't seem to know she had left.

"Good evening," the elf said while looking at her.

"Good evening to you as well" she answerd back in a merry voice. She had now forgot that she was indeed tired and hungry.

"May I ask what your name is? And I don't mean to be rude or anything, I'm just wondering what you are doing over here when you seem to have such nice a company over there?" he said while shaking his head in the direction where the Company were seated.

She thought she saw a little smile surrounding his face while she said: "Well, I'm sorry for not introducing myself, I forgot. My name is Ewinda...." She was now slightly embarrassed.

"I, myself is Lenwe. I'm an resident of Lindon, and an elven scout." He said in a low but clear voice.

He was really curious about the company so he continued; "Well, I see that you are with a company, tell me if I'm wrong..."

"Your not wrong at all. Actully these over there are my companiens, and friends of course." She answerd.

"So, may I ask what this company of yours seeks?" Lenwe asked curious.

"Yes, indeed, you may ask and I will consider giving you an answer." She said a bit thoughtful. Then she changed her mind; she should tell him, if he knew something he might be able to help them. He was an elf scout after all. "Well, actually we are hunting a dragon, which has it's lair in the Blue Mountains. So we are heading there," Ewinda told Lenwe.

Even though he knew he'd herd correctly, (The Blue Mountains), he asked: "Oh, a dragon and The Blue Mountains, you say?"

"Yes",she said quickly. "Have you ever been there, I mean are you familiar with the place?" she asked.

"Yes indeed I am. I know every nook and cranny of the Blue Mountains and the surrounding region." He answerd.

"You do? Then maybe you'll be able to help us." she said enthusiastic.

"Well, I'm not sure," he answerd quite loud. " For a very long time, Ewinda, I've been longing for the sea. I also wish to see my family members who have already taken the ship for the West." He said while he lowered hi voice. " That's why I'm here, at the Havens. I'm waiting for the next boat to arrive." Lenwe continued in a rather sad voice.

It became silent and the conversation ended when Lostlondwen called for Ewinda. The food was now on the table and she rememberd how hungry she was. "Would you like to join us, I maen while we eat?" Ewinda asked while standing up.

"I'd love to," Lenwe said, smiling again.

They both walked the few steps over to the table were the Copmany was gatherd. "This is my new friend, Lenwe," Ewinda announced.

"Greetings Lenwe," all of them said at the same time. "Good evening" he almost wispherd back.

"So, what brings you here, Lenwe?" Elentari asked.

Their eyes were all fixed on him, waiting for a reply.

"As I already told Ewinda, I'm waiting for the next boat to arrive," he answerd quickly, still standing.

Ewinda interrupted; "I told him about the dragon and that we are heading for The Blue Mountains, an Lenwe knows every nook and cranny of the it," she said reather excited.

A smiled appeard on everyone's face. "Please sit down and join us for the rest of the evening," Elentari said smiling even wider than the others.

[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]