View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 11:49 AM   #15
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"So your brother just...vanished?"

Tallin had been listening with rapture to Belles story. However she was beginning to see a few snags. Belle propped herself on an elbow on the bed, looking down at the other elf leaning against one of the bed legs with her legs crossed. Tallin shifted her position.

"You intend to go looking for your brother?"
Nod.
"In the grey mountains?"
Pause. Nod.
"And this is the bit that really gets me...you intend to go alone?"
Pause. Then Belle sighed.

"What else can I do? I must find my brother."

"Ever wonder why he went missing? Maybe he just settled down or something but other things inhabit those regions and those surrounding it."

"Things? Like what?" Belle was curious. Tallin frowned, closing her eyes. She had never been that far from Mirkwood, but the memories of the wolves work differently from those of men and elves. They had not at first trusted her; their memories pass on the tales and trusts of old generations and they knew of elves, but did not hold so much fear of the mirkwood elves as of others. Dark elves. She remembered the visions, the pictures, the tales Jet and Dia had told her.

Tallin did not tell this to Belle. "There are...there are others who live there." she said carefully. "I fear you would not stand a chance of passing through alone."

Belle remained silent, apparently thinking. Tallin grinned and looked up at her. "I really let myself into this one, didnt I?" She said sardonically. The other swung her legs down so she could look Tallin in the face properly. She stared at her for a moment uncertainly.

"You seriously mean..." She started quietly, continuing to stare at Tallin. The other held her gaze steadily, a small half smile on her face. Then she broke into a grin. "Really?"
Nod.
"Oh Tallin, thankyou so much!" Then she paused. "Will..." She stopped.

"What? Will the wolves be coming? Well of course. They are, in a way, my only family."

Belle looked up sharply. "Can you read my mind?"

"I am not reading your mind!" Tallin laughed. The other didnt seem to notice she hadnt directly answered her question. "However, methinks you still need a little more help than one elf and her wolves. Even though we are pretty fantastic." She added, grinning.