View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 06:15 PM   #27
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Raye had followed Arelle through the forest. She had spotted her the previous night, admiring her horse.
Raye's last horse had disappeared several months ago, and since then she had been in great need of another. Raye had many other chances to steal a horse, but they had all been somewhat a disgrace. But this horse- the horse this girl rode was perfect. She was a beautiful, strong horse, and Raye could see that she had traveled many miles before. If she could just dispose of the girl, the horse would be her's.

Unfortunately, Raye was closer to the city than she had thought. Through the trees, she could see the gates and the guards who stood there. Raye stopped and waited for the girl to pass. She dared not take another step; she did not wish to risk in giving herself away. She waited as the girl approached the guards.
"State your name and business," Raye heard one of the guards say.
"I am Arrelle and I am just visiting this fair place and will move on soon," the girl responded.
"You may pass." the guard said as one of the gates opened,
The girl, Arrelle walked her horse past the gates and disappeared.

Now was Raye's chance. She approached the guards calmly and steadily, her eyes focused on the gates. She was barely two feet from the guards before she stopped.
The guards looked at Raye warily; they sensed the danger of her presence.
"Let me pass," Raye said.
"You must tell us your name and state you business first," one of the guards responded.
"My business is none of your concern," she smirked.
Before either guard could bring up his sword, Raye had hit one hard against the head, leaving him unconscious. She grabbed the other guard, one hand tightening around his neck; the other held a dagger which threatened to penetrate his throat.
"Open the gates," Raye demanded. "Say that I may pass."
The guard nodded, turning pale. "You may pass," he gasped.
And to Raye's pleasure, one of the gates slowly opened.
"Thank you," she said, throwing the guard to the ground. She kicked him hard, and then he too went unconscious.

When Arrelle, the girl Raye had been following, came back into sight, Raye could see that she was off her horse and talking to others. Cautiously, Raye approached them, trying to avoid any chance of being seen. As the shapes of wolves came into view, Raye groaned. Instantly, she knew that they belonged to Tallin Wolfsoul.
Great, she thought. Just what I needed.
Though Raye had never spoken with Tallin, she had seen her many times and knew of her ways. Raye despised Tallin. So many times she had wanted to kill her, but Raye knew better than that. Tallin's wolves always watched and protected her, and Raye knew that they could be quite dangerous. Not until she had killed her wolf friends could Raye kill Tallin.
The others that stood with Tallin and spoke with Arrelle, Raye did not recognize. An elf and a servant, it appeared. Not much of a threat.
It appeared that Arrelle may join this strange company. Raye did not care. It was the girl's horse she was still after. Though it would be more difficult to steal a horse among a group, Raye would not give up so easily. She needed this horse desperately, and she would not let minor glitches in her plans ruin her chances. No, that horse would belong to her.
Raye grinned openly as she remained hidden in the shadows.