View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 12:21 PM   #37
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

It was mid-day when Raye saw the small company approach. She had been waiting for them, waiting to kill. It was a silly thing to do; sneaking up on them would be smarter. But Raye wanted to confront them. She was curious what would happen.
The company stopped a few several feet from Raye, their weapons drawn. Raye did not reach for her's.
"What is it you want?" she asked smoothly.
"My horse," the girl, Arrelle, cried out. "You stole her from me and I want her back."
Tallin didn't seem to happy about the girl's quick remark. She turned around and whispered something harsh to her.
"So," Raye said. "You want your horse back. And why is that? Where is this strange company here going?"
"To the Grey Mountains," the elf beside Tallin said. "I am in search of my missing brother."
"Oh, the Grey Mountains," Raye couldn't help but laugh. They were so foolish. "You will not come back alive then. No one has. There are dangers there that one could not even imagine."
"And how would you know that?" the servant girl asked, her eyes glaring.
"Why, servant girl," Raye replied. "I have been there myself. You won't find anyone who knows the Grey Mountains better than me." Raye smiled. "Say, how about this? If you let me keep the horse, I'll take you through the Grey Mountains. Deal? I mean, you don't have to accept my offer, and if you don't, you will get your horse back, girl. Unfortunately, without me, you would all likely die horrific deaths. Hmph. Not that I would care."
The others continued to glare at her, their looks skeptical.
"Choose quickly!" Raye demanded. "For I do not have all day."