View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #41
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel shrieked as fingers pinched the skin on her waist.

"Daro!" she yelled at her brother, swiping at the intruding limb.

"Ai! Your nails are sharp!" Berethion said, pulling his hand away.

"Then do not touch me," Hwestlaeriel said.

Berethion sighed, "I pity your future husband. He has this to look forward to every time he touches you." He displayed the marks her nails left on his hand.

That comment got him a swift slap.

"What was that for?" Berethion said, "You never minded my comments before..."

"Yes, well, that was before Halmaethorion and Fileglinniel became fascinated with the prospect of my marriage," she sighed.

"Well, they have right to comment. You are about of the age when you should be married. What men do they have in mind?" Berethion said, matter-of-factly.

"I know not. I leave whenever they begin to discuss it," Hwestlaeriel sighed.

"You do not desire to marry?" Berethion said, furrowing his brow.

"It is not that, it is just...when I marry it should be for love. It should not matter my age."

"Well, men are hard to find around here," Berethion said, "And trust our parents' judgement. They are good people. They will know what is best for you."

"I guess so," Hwestlaeriel said, sighing, "All of the Elves they have spoken of came from good families. I will not be poor, no matter what Elf they choose."

"True, our parents do love wealth, do they not?" Berethion said, looking at the trinkets that lay around the small cottage that they obviously did not need and could not afford.

"You would think they could spend more on sensible objects. They have been around for a while, they should have better sense," Hwestlaeriel mused.

"They are acting a bit Dwarfish...or Human," Belethion said.

"A, well, it is not for us to judge, I suppose," Hwestlaeriel said, smiling and touching a necklace around her neck.

"True," Berethion laughed, touching the fairly ornate handle on his sword.

Hwestlaeriel turned to the fire, continuing to prepare a meal for the family.

"Berethion!" Fileglinniel called from outside.

"Well, that was a nice interlude. I hope we can continue sometime," Berethion said.

"Berethion!" came the voice again.

Berethion laughed and rolled his eyes, "Well, I must be off!"

Berethion left. Hwestlaeriel laughed to herself a bit and sighed, continuing to cook...