View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 02:19 PM   #230
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Her tankard was dry. No server in site. 'Ah, well!' she said to herself, as she stood up, stretching her road weary muscles, 'You've come this far, you can make it to the bar and back!' She threw her cloak across the table to keep her place, and ambled to where the Innkeeper was pouring ale from the tapped oaken barrel.

'Another one, if you please, good Sir.'

He obliged her, and she turned to go back to her table. An interesting Hobbit and his even more interesting companion caught her eye. She turned back to the Innkeeper and pointed him out. 'Tell me his name, please.' she requested. 'And one more pint of whatever he favors, if you please.'

Approaching the Hobbit's table, she sat the tankard before him. 'Elfred, is it not? A pint for a thirsty shepherd.' she said. A low 'woof' issued from beneath the table, and she bent down to give the dog a chance to take in her scent and her intent. Satisfied, he allowed her to give him a scratch between the ears.

'Handsome, you are!' she crooned to him as she held one hand beneath his grizzled muzzle and caressed his silken ears with the other. His keen eyes met hers and it seemed as if he smiled.

[ December 07, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]