View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 06:44 PM   #233
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Belin's usual scowl (Susan was quite wrong in taking it personally; she scowled constantly and indiscriminately at all) lifted at the Elf's lovely song. She applauded heartily.

"Good!" she exclaimed, drawing everyone's surprise, "Good." She beamed disconcertingly at the Elf. "Finally, there are more songs! Yes, this Inn has far greater purposes than the drinking of beer and the arrangement of romances! In fact," and she settled back into her chair, with the hint of a frown coming over her face again, and an eyebrow raised in the direction of Kimmy and her friends, "In fact, carrying on romances entertains me not at all, at least, not by itself. In fact, by itself I won't stand for it; it reminds me much too much of Rule Six. Instead, if you are the old friends you seem to be, tell us your past or tell us your plans. How did you meet? Where are you going? And Celebmornie," she added suddenly, "Who is this traveler? I may have met her. A human woman, I think, with red hair and sad eyes. How is she? Her troubles have been in my mind often of late."

Celebmornie stared in astonishment, while Susan's offer of a joke hung in the air. Belin glanced at the would-be jokester, grinned in approval, and suddenly with her quick glance caught the listening Chubb, who was wandering back to his seat with his ale. "And you!" she said, "You've been quiet all night."

[ December 08, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum