View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 12:55 AM   #235
Finiel
Haunting Spirit

Finiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sarah laughed at what Belin had said. It was quite true that some people in the inn were quite in the mood for love or something.

"You just hit the bull's eye!" Sarah called to Belin, "But I think this inn needs more than storytelling. I propose a dance!" then Sarah pulled an old violin from her bag and climbed on top of the table so everybody could see her ( she had quite enough of iced to tea to remember her mother's teachings that standing on a table was not right).
"I'm not much of a singer and songwriter so much of this song came from Mr. Bombadil. And wether you dance or not, a little fast-paced music would not kill anyone.

Hey! Come derry dol! Hop along, my hearties!
Hobbits, dwarves, elves, men and all! We are fond of parties.
Now let the fun begin! Let us dance together!
Let the music start! Find a partner and dance together!
Of sun, stars, moon and mist, rain and cloudy weather,
Light on the budding leaf, dew on the feather,
Wind on the open hill, bells on the heather, Reeds by the shady pool, lilies on the water:
Old Mister Thunderhammer why don't we dance together!"

Then Sarah jumped off the table and played the violin while hopping round and round Mr. Dwarin.
"Shoo silly girl! If I knew iced tea would have any effect on you I would have given you water. Now get away before you crashed into these mugs of ale I'm serving." the grumpy dwarf said. Then Sarah stopped playing the violin and bowed.
"You are such a sweet dwarf even when you're grumpy." Sarah said as she blew a kiss to the innkeeper. He reminds me of my ol' uncle, she thought. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of a bright world dies when day is done. The mind has a thousand eyes, And the heart but one; Yet the light of a whole life dies when love is done."-- F.W. Bourdillon