View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 10:36 AM   #340
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"A strange tale my friend." whispered Elwen softly more to herself than to Soronūmė. "If I may how long ago was your brother killed?"

Elwen bowed her head, the curls of dark hair hiding her face and the white gems flashing as she moved. Elwen flicked her hair back before continuing. "How long have you been here? You seem to know the ways of these people well, do you know many in this pub? I am eager to learn anything that you would teach me. My stay here maybe long, for I can not leave until..."

Elwen couldn't continue. Stories were one thing, they ran though the head like dreams, short lived and surpressable. But reality was harder to mention. Questions swirled in Elwens head, about her past, about this travellers past and about the future. All of them too painful to think about for long. Elwen gently shook her head trying to escape the voices that spoke to her, trying to quiet them and find peace somewhere. The tears began to gather, silver and gold in the fire light, they trickled down her cheeks. Elwen searched desperately inside for a memory that would stop her thoughts from running around inside her head and give her a moment to think.

Elwen found it. A smile blossomed on her lips, making her eyes dance and her light glow brighter. She sighed content once more to have pushed away the sorrow that followed her. Elwen gentle wiped her eyes and smiled to Soronūmė. What was it about this spirit that put her so at ease. She hardly knew him yet there was something...
The thought was gone, the answer had been so near, within Elwen's hand but it had faded and now nothing was left.

"I'm sorry," whispered Elwen looking at Soronūmė puzzled, the smiled not vanishing with the thought. Elwen gently shook the waves of hair, setting her thoughts back in order. Her ring sparkled as she set it back down on the table and looked to Soronūmė for a reply to her earlier questions.

[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: arelendil ]