View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #616
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie broke into a huge smile when she heard Cami's comment about Pio "eating for herself and two others as well." Twins! How wonderful! Despite the moaning Rie's mother did with her friends about her "terrible twins," Rie and Talômi had great fun together, and her fondest memories were of her adventures with her twin. She'd have to remember to congratulate Pio the next time she talked to her.

She was only half thinking about the toast she was making, nearly burning it before she snapped back to the present. A faint acrid smell drifted up from the pan before Rie stopped daydreaming. "Bâ!" she shouted, hurriedly flipping the toast off of the pan and into a plate. "Bâ! Ah, I'm so stupid! Where was my brain?" She checked the pan, and it wasn't burnt, so she was able to laugh it off.

She saw a newcomer enter the Inn, an old man with the haunted look in his eyes she had seen so many times. Her laughter died, and she shook her head. "So much pain," she said quietly, going back to concentrating on her toast.