View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 05:18 PM   #363
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"I was supposed to leave," said Champignonne.

"Leave where?" he asked. He leaned a bit over the table to study her face more clearly.

"I don't know. I really don't know." She sighed. The shy hobbit was sick of being shy and ignored, and so she came out of herself. "Something took hold of me, I don't know what it was. Have you ever felt that way, like you can't live until you leave?"

"If you can believe it, I have," he said seriously. He sighed. "Many times. That is part of the reason why I left Rivendell."

"May I ask what the other part was?" Champignonne asked boldly.

"I guess you have as much a right as anyone, the way I scared you." At this, he grinned and chugged down some water to clear his throat. "Well, my father knew a certain lady of the Took lineage. And he sent me here to convey her daughter to Rivendell."

"A Took!" she cried. "Sir, do you know this lady's name?"

"No, I don't really remember it, but the daughter, her name started with a 'C', as a matter of fact, I think she had your name! Is it a very common name?"

"No! I am the only one in the whole of the Shire who has this name! Sir, I am sure your father meant me!" With this piece of information, she sat there, aghast, with such a mix of emotions that she could hardly contain herself.