View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 01:54 PM   #373
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio turned her head toward Nárello, as if she had heard his thought. 'Indeed, you have made your decision, little Master. Only remember to bring me pictures of your travels as you pass through. Or send word as you can.'

She regarded him closely, her grey eyes searching his. 'I will keep you in my mind as you go along your paths.' Her hand reached out to tuck a stray lock of hair behind his ear, and she smiled at him fondly.

Raising her mug to Derufin, she thanked him for his words, saying that he was not to worry. She meant to keep her children safe.

Pio excused herself from the the boy and man, saying she had some business to attend to. She walked through the kitchen and out the back door to the stables. It was a pleasant day, and she intended to take ‘Falmar out for a long ride. To exercise the horse and to clear her own mind.

‘Falmaer nickered softly and nodded her grey head up and down as the Elf approached. Pio spoke to her softly and led her from the stall. Her eyes caught a movement in the stall nearby. Peeking over the door, she saw Laurie’s horse, Nell, keeping carefully to one side of the stall. There, sitting in the hay, her back against the wall, was the woman, herself. She seemed distracted, lost in thought. Pio scratched the area between Nell’s ears and called softly to Laurie.

‘I am going for a ride. Would you care to accompany me?’

Laurie looked up, shielding her eyes against the light which backlit the Elf, throwing the features of her face into shadow.

‘If you do, I shall await you in the stable yard.’

Pio led ‘Falmar to the yard, near the fenced in excercise ring for the other horses. She clambered up to the top rail, feeling quite ungainly in her balance. ‘Steady on, girl!’ she admonished the horse as well as herself. ‘Falmar drew near, and let the Elf make her ungraceful mount.

‘This may well be the last time I ride you. If I get any larger it will take a siege ladder to get me astride you again!’ ‘Falmar whickered softly at this comment, as if chuckling. Pio patted the horse’s neck, and sat waiting for Laurie to appear.

[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]