View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #16
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Mimosa Sandyman and her brother Hugo walked into the inn out of the rain that had just started falling about a half hour ago, covering the earth in puddles. Hugo walked over to the bar immediatly to order some ale, but Mimosa(or Mimi as her friends and family liked to call her), sat down at a table near the fire, letting it warm her water drenched skin.

Hugo walked back holding two large mugs of ale and sat down beside his sister smiling. She did not return his smile, but frowned at him as she took the ale silently.

"I told you we should not have stayed at that other inn for so long! We are going to be terribly late now, especially with this rain falling like it is!" She took a sip of her ale and looked straight into the fireplace.

"Oh, Hanna won't mind, she's a patient lass!"

"But it is her first child!" Mimosa nearly yelled. "And I so want to see little Marroc II! This means so much to me!" She said, leaning forward with her hand on her cheek.

Hugo sighed, leaning back in his chair. He did know how much this ment to his sister. To see the child named after the one she had lost.