View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #130
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hal and Gaddy looked at each other, wide-eyed. Neither of them had expected such a tale of woe. "Well," said Gaddy, never liking these awkward silences nor the feeling of sadness that now lingered in the air. "I can't say that we have a story quite to match yours miss Huntress, but as you asked Fin, I shall tell." He took a small sip of his drink before starting on his rather short tale in comparison. "We were out looking for adventure," Hal interrupted with a snort, "Looking for adventure? I intend to be home for harvest this year thankyou very much!"
"Very well," continued Gaddy, "I was out looking for adventure and Hal here was tagging along." Hal snorted once more and Gaddy turned to him, none too pleased with all these interruptions. "What is it now?" he asked "Oh nothing," said Hal, "It was just last time I looked you had a child due in a few months."

Gaddy rolled his eyes, Hal was doing this just to spoil his story. "Fine then, I was looking for a very quick adventure-"
"And a drink." interrupted Hal once more, but Gaddy just ignored him this time. "-with Hal here. I thought back to where we had gotten our first adventure and I remembered this place. It has good beer too, which is never a bad thing!" He took another swig of his drink. Hal eyed his friend with a hint of dissaproval. "Yes," he said somewhat unsure "That's our um... story. So we've told you ours Fin sir, now what of yours?"