View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 06:08 PM   #244
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nobody turned to look at them as Rie hurried up to Don's room. It was probably unnecessary, but she threw the hood of her cloak over her conspicuous red hair. She didn't know if Don was going to join her, but she wanted to get out of the common room as soon as possible.

Still, she found herself looking back occasionally, and not at Don. If she was to tell herself the truth, she would have to admit that she was looking for her brother. His own red hair would allow her to find him quickly, but she did not see him.

The door clicked as she closed it behind her. She unclasped her cloak, folded it, and placed it on a chair. She sat on the floor by Don's bed, resting her head on it. Why was she running? Was she that afraid of returning to her old life? Or was she afraid of what Talômi would say, the accusing look in his eyes, his hurt voice? "Why did you abandon me? Why did you abandon your own twin?" She could hear his gentle voice, the voice that she always heard next to her during her childhood adventures, telling her to be careful and not to hurt herself, but also telling her that he would be beside her the whole time.

"Stop," she whispered, and grabbed Don's pillow to block the voice out. She wished that Talômi would stop talking inside her head. It was giving her a headache.

One tear ran down her face. She would have to figure something out, figure out if he was really here, and what she was supposed to do, or it would kill her.