View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 12:59 AM   #249
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai half smiled. She didn’t want to offend Morwyn, though, so she quickly raised her hand to her mouth in a mock-cough.

“Rescued by elves?” she asked, “Many would be envious of your experience, Lady.” Her eyes wandered over to several of the elves that had entered the Inn. “They are a beautiful race, aren’t they?”

Then Nahai sighed, almost wistfully. “Beautiful and mysterious,” she answered herself, her eyes growing distant.

“You say you come from the borders of Mirkwood,” Morwyn prompted, “Have you ever met any of its elven inhabitants?” Nahai nodded absently. Oh yes, she had met elves. One in particular rarely left her thoughts…

“My own home is located within Mirkwood’s borders, so I occasionally hear them merrymaking or singing in the moonlight. I have met seldom few, as we all tend to keep a safe distance from each other, and my dwelling is not close to the Elvenking’s palace to observe them regularly. However, there was one…” her voice trailed off. She gave a little laugh. “I have never told anyone this tale, not even my uncle. But I think I should like to tell it to you, Morwyn. That is, if you’d like to hear it.” Her own trust of this human surprised her. She had only just met this courageous lady traveler, and here she was, ready to spill out her life’s story. Smiling at her own foolishness, she waited for Morwyn to reply.

*AUTHOR'S NOTE* Kates Frodo Temp, has Elhor been talking to Nahai these past few posts? I'm kinda lost, so sorry if he's not. I just don't know whether to respond or not. Thanks.
-Mae, the slightly disoriented.