View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 10:04 PM   #255
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Iarbarion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

A small elf walked into the Green Dragon and smiled at all the new faces. He had never been there before and had stumbled upon it while on his way home to Mirkwood. He walked curiously over to the bar and looked at the hobbit behind the counter. "Small lookin' fella' aren't ya'?" he commented. "I see that you're new here." The elf replied "How'd you guess?" The hobbit turned her head and shrugged her shoulders knowingly. "I am Larefile of the Mirkwood realm." The hobbit replied quickly "How'd you come across the Shire?" "Long story." "Well sit down, have a pint, and take as long as you need."

Larefile sat down and sipped his ale. "Well I was on the way to Osgiliath with some of my race and we were ambushed by a large army of Uruk-hai." The hobbit suddenly became more interested. The story went on about how the elves were killed off one by one and Larefile escaped by throwing his elvish cloak over his body at the last minute.

"I have attempted to journey home to Mirkwood alone but have obviously gotten off course. Where am I?" "Welcome to the Shire" said a large crowd that had gathered around the elf as he told his story. "Friendly half-lings. What do you call yourselves?" "Hobbits" said the same group of curly-haired hobbits. "Interesting." laughed Larefile.
"Well I best be off." and the elf drained the last bit of his pint and walked jauntily out the door of the Green Dragon.

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Iarbarion ]
"I grudge you nothing that I have. Yet I desire that none shall dwell beyond my walls who know the way hither; and if I trust you, my sister, others I trust less to keep guard on their tongues." -Turgon to Aredhel